Saturday, March 1, 2014
Slow Cooker Saturday: Slow Cooker No Boil Spinach Lasagna
This is seriously the easiest lasagna to make. Since you are using frozen spinach and jars of spaghetti sauce there is no standing over a stove browning meat and no additional spices to buy. It takes about 5 minutes to assembles and get cooking. This is an awesome weekend meal that you can get going and go have fun with your family while it cooks.
Slow Cooker No Boil Spinach Lasagna
* 2 containers (15 oz. ea.) ricotta cheese
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
* ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 2 eggs
* 2 boxes frozen spinach, thawed
* 2 jars (1 lb. 8 oz. ea.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce*
* 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
Spray inside of 6qt. crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread a thin layer of Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix together the ricotta, eggs and 1 1/2 C mozzarella, reserve the other 1/2 C for the top.
Begin layering noodles (use 4 per layer) then 1/3 of the sauce, then 1 box of spinach, and 1/3 the cheese mixture.
Repeat above layer.
Final layer will be 3 noodles, the remaining sauce, the remaining cheese mixture.
Cook in a Slow Cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
When there is 10 minutes left, top with reserved 1/2 C mozzarella cheese.
ALSO!!!Enter the Ragú Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four at www.RaguSweeps.com!
* Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe, versus our previous OWS formula.
You can find more information about Ragú on Facebook.
Disclaimer: I was given 2 coupons for free Ragu' Pasta Sauce to help facilitate preparing my recipe. This recipe is my own and all thoughts, opinions, and photographs are mine. No monetary compensation was received for this post.