Saturday, March 8, 2014

Slow Cooker Saturday: Making 12 Clean Eating Slow Cooker Freezer Meals


My friend Caitlin and I decided we were going to stock our freezer with health freezer meals. The pictures here are of our actual freezer meals and supplies. We made them at her house, so I utilized a laundry basket to over many of my supplies. We took inventory of what items we already had in our homes (don't be buying extras if you don't need to!) and shared spices and condiments.

All of the recipes and shopping list came from Graciously Saved "12 Easy Paleo-ish Crockpot Meals" and I encourage you to go check out that post and make everything listed there like we did.

Here is the list of what you will be making:

  1. Taco Chili
  2. Thai Chicken Wings and Peanut Sauce
  3. Crock Pot Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
  4. White Chicken Chili
  5. Honey Sesame Chicken
  6. Teriyaki Chicken
  7. Crock Pot Beef Stew
  8. Southwest Chicken
  9. Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup
  10. Low Fat Mexican Fiesta Chicken
  11. Spinach and Salsa Chicken
  12. Crock Pot Southwest Flank Steak


We have had 5 or 6 of them already and they have just been wonderful. No complaints. Although I did add some vegetables to the Honey Sesame Chicken before freezing, a bag of sweet peas, because I felt it was missing veggies.

If you are looking for some more awesome recipes that are clean eating or slow cooker, please check out my pinterest board and starting re-pinning! Be sure to follow them too!

Clean Eating Pinterest Board

Slow Cooker / Crock Pot Recipes Pinterest Board

12 comments:

Betsy Barnes said...

I love my slow cooker, would be lost without it and love finding new recipes. I have been wanting to utilize it for freezing, these would make a great start :)

Matthew said...

Our family has been talking for a long time about doing freezer meals. This is a great post to get started from.

TerinAleah said...

I've been using my crock pot religiously lately!! I'll add these recipes to my list of things to try! :)

MickiK said...

Oh wow, you're so organized! This is a fantastic idea, and the tips!

Leelo said...

I am reading about this slow cooker from everywhere lately and I just have to have it.

Rhonda said...

I need to get more organized with cooking. When I am not organized it makes it too easy to eat out. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I need to start doing that.

Michelle F.

MikiHope said...

This sounds like it would help me since I am single and can freeze in single portions. I really have to get a crock pot--there are so many dishes that you can make in them!

Hezzi-D said...

Perfect! I've been wanting to make a ton of freezer meals in a weekend and this looks perfect!

Unknown said...

Honey Sesame Chicken sounds really delicious! Have to try it out!

Lexie Lane said...

This sounds like a good list of different dinners. I'd definitely like to try a few. I'll be checking out your Pinterest link for sure.

Unknown said...

Make sure to go through each recipe to get your grocery list. I found a few things that were called for in recipe, but not on list! We are having taco chili tonight and it is delicious!!!