Saturday, March 15, 2014

Slow Cooker Saturday: Thick and Chunky Broccoli Cheese Soup


This soup was a huge hit with our family. We all had seconds and my daughter even asked if there was any leftovers when she got home from school the day after (sorry, there wasn't). Definitely a keeper!


Slow Cooker Thick and Chunky Broccoli Cheese Soup
6 C chopped broccoli
2 1/2 C frozen hashbrowns
2 med onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
7 C chicken broth
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 C half and half

Directions: 

  • Combine broccoli, hasbrowns, onion, garlic and broth in a slow cooker.
  • Cook on low for 6 hours.
  • Before serving stir in cheese, 1/4 cup at a time.
  • When cheese is blended in, stir in half and half.
  • Serve and Enjoy!

8 comments:

BCallahan said...

Looks super easy to put together. I think I have all of those ingredients already. :)

Julie said...

Ooooh! I love using my slow cooker and I think my kids would love this!

renblogger said...

Looks easy ~AND~ filling! Thank you!!

Scott said...

Any type of cheese soup is among our favorites. You make it look so easy!

Heather said...

easy to make, filling and I can make it in the morning for dinner...what could go wrong???

Leelo said...

This looks and sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

That looks so good. I love making soups in the slow cooker.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

I love using the crockpot. The recipe looks easy and yummy