Monday, March 31, 2014

Make It Monday: 2 Easter Side Dishes - Garlicky Dill Carrots & Spinach Salad


Both of these dishes pack a lot of flavor and fiber but with out the calories and fat. You won't miss the butter or the salad dressing. Good tasting food doesn't have to mean spending a lot of time in the kitchen; they can be simple and quick to prepare like these two side dishes.


Garlicky Dill Carrots
2 C broth (I used chicken, but you could use vegetable)
1 lb baby carrots
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dill

Directions: Boil the carrots and garlic in the broth until carrots reach desired level of doneness. Strain broth from carrots and garlic. Sprinkle dill on top and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy!

Spinach Salad
1 bag of spinach
1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
1/2 med. red onion, sliced
quality balsamic vinegar (a good quality balsamic will have a sweeter flavor to it)

Directions: Toss together spinach, strawberries and red onion. Drizzle on 1-2 T of good quality balsamic vinegar and toss to blend. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

These recipes are new to me and I would love to try them because the ingredients are available here and can easily access.

mystylespot said...

Oooh these both look so yummy! can't wait to try them out!

Unknown said...

The carrots are so simple to do. I love dill so I Have to try them!

Michelle F.

Julie said...

I love a good spinach salad w/ strawberries! Yummy! Will have to try the carrots - love trying new ways to make veggies

Anonymous said...

Spinach salad is one of my absolute fav's! Never had garlic/dill carrots though, that sounds yummy!

Lexie Lane said...

I love spinach and I love anything with garlic. so I'm sure I would love these dishes. I'll have to try the spinach one first though.

Anonymous said...

I really like spinach but I don't eat it often. Great healthy ideas.

slehan said...

I like both of these recipes. Put the carrots on top of the salad.

slehan at juno dot com

Julie said...

So yummy and healthy! I should make these for Easter, we need for healthy dishes at our table!

Julie said...

So yummy and healthy! I should make these for Easter, we need for healthy dishes at our table!

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

those carrots sound great! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Friday Frenzy!