Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Try It Tuesday: Mickey Mouse Cupcakes


Making Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are simple and all you need is red frosting (you really need to buy a canister of this because if you try to make your own you will use up all your red food coloring and still just have dark pink frosting), cake mix (make your own if you choose), cupcake liners, marbles, white chocolate chips and mini Oreos.


I made a whole tray of them, actually I made more than this, but the tray didn't fit any more than this.


So, here is the trick to how you create the top of the head with the ear. Put the liners in place first, then press in a marble, then scoop in the batter. If you don't do it in that order you might put in too much batter and then it will bake over the top of your cupcake. Only fill the liners 2/3 full, if you notice the one that is filled higher there, well that one baked over the top of the marble and then I had to make the shape of the ears after the fact. So, it's important to just fill them 2/3 full.


Then frost with red frosting, put the mini Oreos on top for the ears and the white chocolate chips on the bottom to look like the buttons on Mickey's pants.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cute!

krystal said...

These cupcakes look awesome. Very festive.

Jamie said...

How fun!! What a great way to bring some extra smiles into a celebration - pinned it!

Unknown said...

FUN! and now I'm hungry :)

mystylespot said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! My nephew would go crazy for mickey mouse cupcakes!

DeDa Studios said...

The marble is a great idea! Your cakes looks really cute!

Savannah said...

I had a Disney party with my little guys and they LOVED it! I wish I would have seen this recipe before I think my boys would of really enjoyed Mickey cupcakes :)

Unknown said...

Are those the cutest things or what? I love it!

Julie said...

Those are so cool! Clever idea to use the marble!

Mharms said...

Oh darling daughter loves Mickey Mouse. I'd like to make these.