Monday, March 17, 2014

Make It Monday: Oat Pumpkin Bread



I admit that I started experimenting and came up with the recipe because I was out of whole wheat flour and noticed I had 1 1/2 bags of oat flour in the pantry. This was a nice moist bread and my kids and I shared half a loaf for breakfast when I made this. This is a yummy recipe if you are gluten free or looking for a clean eating recipe, or just trying to eat healthier.

Oat Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 C pumpkin
3/4 C raw sugar
1/4 C coconut oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 C oat flour
1 T molasses
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C oatmeal

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a bread pan with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients until mixed. Pour in to bread pan and bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Debi@The Spring Mount 6 Pack said...

They have this at my local store and I love it. I might have to try it.

Julie said...

I love that this is a gluten free recipe.

Unknown said...

YUM! Who says pumpkin is only for fall? :)

ReviewsSheRote said...

what a nice recipe--Although I'm not too fond of pumpkin myself the rest of the family really loves it.

Debra Rutt said...

Looks yummy! I love pumpkin bread - I love the way the spices taste with my morning tea!

Leelo said...

This looks and sounds delicious! Have to try it some day :)

Jenn said...

This sounds so good. I need to make more healthy breads like this at home. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

That looks really good and healthy.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

Oat and Pumpkin what a very healthy ingredients for a bread and this one looks so great.

Unknown said...

I love pumpkin. Looks delicious.