Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Curious Critters Volume Two Book


I was so excited to be asked to review the next in the series of Curious Critters books by David Fitz Simmons. This newest one is of the same title, but add on Volume Two. It was almost two years ago that I first told my readers about Curious Critters and if you have read that book since then, you will not at all be disappointed in Volume Two. I am sharing some pictures I took of some of the pages so you can see just how wonderful all the pictures are. The quality of the photos are amazing and you get to see every details on each of the animals in the book. It is simply amazing!



The Bluegill page was what my son wanted to read first. Why, you ask? Well, he knows that is a native fish to Minnesota and his daddy caught some ice fishing this winter that we fried up and ate. He was so excited to learn more about this fish.


I wanted to point out that this book features the Eastern Cottontail, just in case anyone is looking for some kind of Easter present that wasn't all Easter-y. I know that many of us like to find something that we can use or read all year round when we give holiday gifts or prizes, and this certainly fits the bill.


Here is my son opening up to his favorite one. I gave him the book and although he can't read yet he looked through the book at all the amazing pictures and then said told me (point to the Bluegill) "I want you to read me this one first then we can start from the beginning."

What I haven't yet told you about is the text - not only is this book filled with page after page of wonderous picture but also entertaining and educational text. Each critter is written about from the perspective of the that animals while teaching them about themselves and their habitats and behaviors. You will find yourself chuckling a time or two while you read this.


Just look at the detail on that Armadillo and that is of me taking a picture of the book. Imagine how fantastic this looks when you have the actual book in your hands!

They will be coming out with Curious Critters: Marine this coming Fall. I sure do hope I am asked to review that one as well. They are fantastic book. The pictures are wonderful and the text is sure to make you laugh and interest your children.

The books are also available in audio versions in both MP3 and CD. You can check them out and here sample of them HERE.


You can buy Curious Critters Volume Two from both Wild Iris Publishing and Amazon.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Love all the pictures. I think my kids would enjoy this one!

Buzz4Mommies said...

My kids would loved this so much, they are obsessed with learning about animals and the pictures are terrific!

Mom Knows Best said...

Those pictures are awesome and my boys would love this book

Mharms said...

This book is great for my little one. She's interested in learning about animals and critters are the start. Thanks for sharing this.

MikiHope said...

I do have have any children but agree that this is definitely a book I would purchase as a gift. Children generally love animals and it grabs their attention which helps to get them to love books and reading.

Savannah said...

I have a 3 and 6 year old and as I was really your post my 3 year old was standing behind me yelling he wanted to read :)..... I'm thinking the Easter Bunny just came up with a good gift idea!!

Unknown said...

I am sure he loved this book perfect age for it.

ReviewsSheRote said...

At 2 Miss Molly is all about animals--she'd get a kick out of this book for sure!

JenF said...

Wow! The photography in this book looks amazing. I think my 5 year old daughter would love this book.

Yona Williams said...

I love the big pictures that they have in the book - this looks really cute!

Julie said...

I'm sure my kids would love this book - looks like a great one with amazing photos.