Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pottery Time: Business Card Holder


This is another handmade Christmas present for my husband. Again this was made by slab rolling out the clay, then cutting out the clay from a pattern I made on newspaper. The bottom of the backside that touches the table is flat across so that it sits nicely.

I cut out my shape from the clay and let it dry slightly while I worked on another project so that the clay would hold this curved shape better. Then I just shaped it by hand and painted underglaze on it before the first firing and dipped it in clear glaze before the final firing.


6 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I could make something like that.

renblogger said...

AHHH! I bought one just like this on Etsy a few years ago for whatever anniversary year it was that had pottery as a traditional gift! My husband uses it at work- would have been nice if I could have made it myself. Good for you!

Erin S said...

W have a DIY pottery cafe nearby-never thought of doing a card holder. Great idea!

Unknown said...

That has to be the prettiest business card holder I have ever seen.

Michelle F.

Anonymous said...

one of these days i'm gonna learn to do all this crafty kinda stuff..... :D

Unknown said...

That is a hard core craft!! I wish I knew how to do that. Lovely