The kids and I made these on one of our snow/cold days here in Minnesota.We were getting sick of all the cold and white and just needed some color and something spring like. These are fun and the design combinations are endless.
Supplies Needed per Butterfly
- 2 circle coffee filters
- dot markers (or regular markers)
- 1 pipe cleaner
- spray bottle of water
- Flatten coffee filters.
- Using dot markers, fill in at least 50-75 percent of the coffee filters with dots (or draw in with regular markers) - you don't want to fill it all in because you want to allow for it to run so that colors blend.
- Spray with water, saturating the entire coffee filter.
- Allow to dry.
- Take a pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Twist together the bottom inch by the fold.
- Pinch together each coffee filter from the top to the bottom so that it creates a pair of wings. Do this with both to create 2 pairs of wings.
- Put the wings between the pipe cleaner and twist in to place.
- Next turn the pipe cleaners to create antennae.