Monday, November 12, 2012

Make It Monday: Gifts in a Jar - Curly Soup

This isn't my original idea, but I liked it so much that I wanted to share it with my readers. I learned about this Gift in a Jar from my most recent MOPS meeting. I have done many gifts in a jar over the years and they are a fun and easy gift to give to others. You can easily make up several and have them on hand when you need a gift for someone. One of the things I love about gifts in a jar is that they are consumable products that people need (people need to eat, right?!) and they are not acquiring additional products.



Gifts in a Jar - Curly Soup

*Layer in a quart jar the following ingredients:

  • 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 2 T beef bouillon
  • 1/4 C minced dry onions
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 3 C curly tri-colored pasta
* Top the jar with a lid & ring.
* Decorate jar -  Put fabric in between the lid & ring, turning the ring over the top of the fabric; tie ribbon around the ring.
* Create "Instructions" gift tag (see below for what to write)
* Attach "Instructions" gift tag with the ribbon

Instructions

1 jar of Curly Soup Mix
1 (14 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes

Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large soup pot. Add the Curly Soup Mix and tomatoes. Bring back to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.



2 comments:

Kelly said...

We enjoyed ours~ I think gifts in a jar are great!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
It's the little changes that produce the greatest changes. Thanks for sharing!

Take a look at my web blog Email Console