Saturday, May 3, 2014

Slow Cooker Saturday: Pork and Pea Curry




This recipe was a bit of an experiment because I was trying to see if I could achieve the desired flavors I wanted without using coconut milk, since so often curry recipes only call for half of the can. What am I going to do with the other half a can? I suppose I could make Pina Coladas! :) I had great success in achieving the flavors I desired by using coconut oil and greek yogurt instead. I hope you enjoy this recipe too!


Slow Cooker Pork and Pea Curry
2 lb pork, cubed
1 can garbanzo beans
1 med onion, thinly sliced
1 16 oz. bag frozen peas
3 C tomato sauce
3 T curry powder
2 T coconut oil, melted
3/4 C plain greek yogurt
1 C chicken broth

Directions:

  • Lightly brown cubed pork on the stovetop.
  • Mix together browned pork, garbanzo beans, onion, and peas in the slow cooker.
  • Whisk together broth and yogurt, then mix in tomato sauce, curry powder and melted coconut oil.
  • Pour sauce over the contents of the slow cooker and stir together.
  • Cook on low for 8-9 hours
  • Serve over brown rice.
  • Enjoy!

3 comments:

CCTVideatechnosolutions said...

Interesting blog. It would be abounding if you can board added abstracts about it. Acceptance you
fingerprint recognition reader

Erin S said...

I love that recipe. I am not confident using curry. I'll save this.

Julie said...

I love making curry and this is perfect. Thanks!