Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Try It Tuesday: Easy Zebra Print Switchplate


Today is my daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday my sweet, smart and beautiful daughter! This is one of the projects I did for her partial room makeover. I had decided she was getting older and needed to be able to do her hair in her room, so I made a vanity for her (that post will come later) and chair and did a little redecorating using zebra print items, which is obviously a favorite of hers. It has all been coming together nicely. Yesterday, I made her this switch plate.

It's super simple. You just need a white switchplate (you make already have one on the wall) which cost under 50 cents at a hardware store and a black sharpie. Just draw on your print and color in. It's that simple. Now for very cheap I have pop of zebra on the wall.


14 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

Where would we be without sharpies? :)

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea. Easy to do too.

Michelle F.

Marie said...

Oh I love this idea, simple, cute and stylish! pretty cool idea I may do something with my sons wall plate after we paint his room. Thanks for sharing this one! :)

Julie said...

Super cute idea! I love this!

ReviewsSheRote said...

very cute and so EZ!!

Newlywed Survival said...

I never would have thought to do this! Such an easy and cool looking idea.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

She's probably more than excited to be doing her own hair in her newly decorated room with her own vanity! Good job mom!

Rebecca Swenor said...

Love doing this kind of stuff. Thanks for the idea and for sharing.

Czjai said...

This is so cool! Why haven't I thought of this before? :)

Mom Knows Best said...

What a cool idea. I could see other designs I could make like polka dots.

Unknown said...

Wow ... so simple, yet so chic. I wouldn't use a Zebra pattern, but I'm thinking Minnie Mouse :) he he

My Captivating Life said...

That is really neat and much simpler than I would have thought!

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

This is such a brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

Great idea! My daughter and I love Zebra print and leopard print. Now we can get it for less.