Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Shells Made In To Earrings


This is a pair of earrings that my daughter made for her primary 2nd Grade Teacher for Teacher Appreciation week. When we were on vacation in Florida, we kept our eyes peeled as we explored the beaches for shells and other items that we could make in to jewelry for ourselves (thrifty idea for a souvenir!!). While we were at Cocoa Beach we saw that most of the little shells had holes in the top, which made them perfect to make jewelry with. We picked a bunch and tried to find ones that were close to matching. We already had it in our mind while we were collecting that she was going to design a pair for her teacher for this week. My daughter gave her earrings as a Christmas gift as well and the teacher loved them.

It was my idea to make a little tag that says "Is It Shellfish that I want you to be my teacher forever?" I thought I was clever. :)

15 comments:

Savannah said...

Those are super cute! When we go to the beach my little guys always bring home a lot of shells now I have a cute craft I can use them for :)!!

Julie said...

That is a very thoughtful teacher appreciation gift.

Our Family World said...

Such a cute idea. We collect shells all the time and run out of clever ideas to do with them

Unknown said...

We lived in Naples, Florida, for over 7 years and loved to go shelling. My favorite beach is Sanibel Island. I really miss shelling and making fun things with the shells. The earrings look so beautiful!

Star light said...

That is really a neat idea! I would have never thought of that.

Mom Knows Best said...

What a great idea for when we visit a beach, hopefully this summer.

Unknown said...

Those came out so pretty. Cute card too.

Michelle F.

MikiHope said...

What a great idea for a teacher's gift. It is handmade by the student which makes it even more precious to the teacher I would think.

Unknown said...

What an awesome gift and so thoughtful.

Gabe and Libby said...

I've got a ton of shells from our last trip to Florida - what a great way to use them. Thanks for sharing!

Gwendolyn M. said...

This is such a cute craft idea to use shells for and the earrings are so pretty.

My Online World said...

I love those earrings...so adorable...I'm the teacher of your daughter really really like this simple gift she gave...thumbs up to your daughter...happy mother's day...

xoxo,
MY ONLINE WORLD
http://broken-promises.info

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Those earrings look so cute and I'm sure her teacher loves them.

Denysia Yu said...

I love the wording on the tag! :)

Janna Lamison said...

I love your creativity!